In 1995 Dubbo Arts and Cultural Advisory Council Inc. (DACAC) was formed from an alliance between the existing Dubbo Arts Council and a group of interested people from the Dubbo Art Gallery. A constitution was adopted with the brief that “DACAC Inc. exists to facilitate the enrichment of the cultural life of the people of Dubbo and surrounding area.” With this in mind a list of aims and objectives was drawn up and this includes:
- To advocate on behalf of cultural organizations and individuals.
- To expand cultural activity in Dubbo.
- To advise the Dubbo City Council on arts and cultural matters.
- To represent the cultural organisations in Dubbo.
Following on from these aims and objectives, DACAC moved into a new era with a name change to Dubbo Artz Inc. in April 2003 and continues to promote the activities of Cultural Organisations and Groups, as well as advocating for the Arts and Culture in Dubbo. An elected committee runs the organization on a volunteer basis and produces a bi-monthly Newsletter which enjoys a broad community circulation
Two types of Membership are available:
Individual: offered to all interested persons for an annual subscription, and includes:
- Concession tickets to Dubbo Regional Theatre (DRTCC) shows
- Concession subscriptions for DRTCC Season Subscription
- Bi-monthly newsletters brimming with regional cultural events and news mailed or emailed directly to you
Group: offered to all autonomous cultural organisations for an annual subscription, and includes:
- The right to a delegate at the General Meetings of Dubbo Artz
- Promotion of Group in the Dubbo Artz bi-monthly newsletter
- Promotion of Group on the Dubbo Artz Facebook page
- Use of the Dubbo Artz Website Blog for promotional purposes
- The right to access $20,000,000 Public Liability Insurance Cover under Dubbo Artz for a nominal annual fee
Membership Forms are available by clicking the Tool Bar above